Friday, October 8, 2010

Some more Food Stops in San Diego & LA

I was only in LA for like 2 days back in August.. but I got the opportunity to try out some interesting stuff. Hopefully I'll be back in Cali soon to visit and be taken to even better places :)

Well, San Diego- We crossed the Mexican border at around 5am in the morning, go to San Diego at about 8am, stopped to get a cup of coffee at Cafe Calambria.



Even though I was just getting a coffee to go, the barista saw my camera and offered to make me a cup with a design on it so I could take a picture. Totally saw me as a tourist. Ha, but it was sweet none the less, and it was pretty.



The Mission [Diner]


Then for actual breakfast, we went to this place called The Mission. This Diner was cute, open spaced, nicely decorated. The waitress was really nice and the food portions were huge. I ordered the Roast Beef Hash and Eggs- Grilled Angus beef, horseradish cream, rosemary potatoes, and scrambled eggs. It was a delicious meal especially after such a sleepless night. Yum..



21 Choices:



We also stopped by 21 Choices in LA, thanks to my friend Sophia who told us we HAD to try it. Personally, I didn't find it that great- tasted like an over-glorified Mr. Softee. The ice cream was so rich, I didn't even bother finishing it. But the place looked real hip and trendy. Yeah...



We also waited about 2 hours on line for a 'Kogi Taco' from the kogi taco truck in LA. It's just Bulgogi stuffed inside a taco. Nothing too amazing. The cops cut us in line before the truck opened. Aren't they nice? Yeah...



Found a Prying Matus while on the line:

No comments:

Post a Comment