Thursday, October 28, 2010

Uncle Louie G's Italian Ices - Brooklyn


I know it's a little too late for ice-updates. It's October and it's beginning to get cold.. but everyone still loves icies! Actually, today's weather was up in the 70s... Well anyway, a few weeks ago, a few friends and I traveled to Governor's Island for a picnic, and on the way there, we stopped by this little ice truck. It's called "Uncle Louie G" and its by Pier 6, Brooklyn Bridge Park. I think we were all really hot and tired and wanted a pick me up, so we all got ices there. To be honest it wasn't the best. NOTHING compared to Ralphs (but that's a whole other post that I will get to in the future because that is one of my personal favorites!!)

There only had a small selection of ices, flavors such as: Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Rainbow, Mango (great!), Vanilla Oreo, Cherry, Chocolate, Passion Fruit (pretty good!), Lemon, Coconut, Watermelon (tasted like bubble gum), Blue Razz, Mint Chip, and Tropical Rainbow.



I think overall it was pretty good. The mango was decent, but it lacked the REAL mango slices that Ralph ALWAYS has in their Mango Ice... but it was good for the moment.

What I don't understand is how people can eat Ice Cream Milky flavored stuff as an Ice-Form. I still have this horrible habit of ONLY eating FRUITY flavored things in ice form. I can't shake it. Vanilla Ice just sounds horrible (ha, great pun, go me!)

Taste: 2/5
Atmosphere: 4/5 (the area is nice and breezy, next to the pier)
Cost: The prices were: Small $2, and Large $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment